Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords offers fulfilling careers and unique opportunities for professional growth. We make a positive and healthy workplace part of our organizational culture. We maintain the highest standards of service delivery and know that it is a deep privilege to share in the lives of the families we serve.
Support Worker, Family Programs
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords, we offer a wide range of counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We are seeking motivated, confident, creative and client-service oriented people. We support our staff with competitive wages, a strong benefits package, shared RRSP contributions and excellent vacation days. We promote a positive, supportive and diverse working environment in which every employee can build a rewarding career.
The Family Programs focus on providing supports to families who are experiencing stressors that create barriers to a healthy family life. The Support Worker supports families in areas such as parenting, daily living skills, wellness, and accessing community resources. The Support Worker works with the entire family often in their home to help increase family strengths and resources so as to prevent children’s out-of-home placement or to work toward family reunification.
This Support Worker works flexibly with clients who require various types and levels of support and services within the Family Programs. Reporting to the Family Program Coordinators, this position plays a key role in supporting families to care for their children in a safe and nurturing home environment.
- Postsecondary education and/or experience in the field of social sciences or human services. Salary is based on a combination of education and experience.
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of child development, parent-child relationships, family dynamics, home management and parenting skills and the ability to assist others to develop skills in these areas.
- Confidential, culturally-sensitive, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of the clients receiving services.
- Satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector query.
- Use of personal vehicle (including additional insurance) is required. Compensation is provided.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Develop positive relationships with families to be able to work on the tasks outlined in the case plan and achieve desirable outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the family, MSS caseworker and/or CFS counsellor to ensure the case plan is developed and updated in a timely manner to meet the chnging needs of the family.
- Assist families to identify their strengths, stresses, skills and risk areas.
- Teach effective problem solving, communication, age-appropriate parenting skills.
- Provide guidance in essential household tasks, daily living skills, strengthening family bonds and stabilizing family crisis situations.
- Assist family in accessing early intervention services to support the healthy development of their children and the family.
- Empower families in developing a support system by connecting with formal and informal resources in the community that are relevant to their needs.
- Collaborate with professionals at other agencies to provide appropriate and comprehensive services to families.
- Maintain and submit files, documentation and reports in accordance with criteria outlined.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for this position with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Employment Type: One-year full time term position with the possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 3
Wage: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Type: Internal/External
Posted Date: April 28, 2021
Apply By: May 22nd, 2021