Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords offers fulfilling careers and unique opportunities for professional growth. We make a positive and healthy workplace part of our organizational culture. We maintain the highest standards of service delivery and know that it is a deep privilege to share in the lives of the families we serve.
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords, we offer professional counselling and support services to families in the Battlefords and surrounding area. Our purpose is to assist individuals and families to build on their strengths and find positive ways to understand and act when faced with challenges in their lives. We offer a wide range of counselling to individuals, couples, families and groups.
The Counsellor will provide individual, couple and family counselling in a caring, client-centered and confidential atmosphere that supports clients to build on strengths, identify barriers and work towards positive change. The Counsellor will be adaptable in approach, well organized and proficient in time-management, workload prioritization and self-directed work planning.
As a member of the Counselling Team, the Counsellor will support the objectives and priorities of the counselling team as well as those of the program to which they are primarily assigned. The primary assignment will be determined by the Executive Director or designate with the following considerations – client service needs, the Counsellor’s suitability to meet those needs, and the Counsellor’s professional development goals.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Counselling Services. The Manager of Counselling Services will also seek ongoing feedback from the manager of the program, to which the Counsellor is primarily assigned, on their effectiveness and contributions to the assigned program.
- At minimum, incumbent is to hold a Bachelor of Social Work or a university degree in related counselling field.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a master’s degree in the related field and/or significant clinical counselling experience.
- Knowledge of a range of counselling theories and practices.
- Knowledge of mental health and addictions treatment approaches and options
- Knowledge of cognitive disabilities and their impact.
- Strong organization, conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to build and maintain collaborative and professional relationships within and outside the organization.
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query.
- Use of personal vehicle is required with compensation.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when required.
- Confidential, caring, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of people receiving services.
- Provide counselling to individuals, couples and families using a range of acceptable treatment approaches.
- Provide timely and solution-focussed assessment and intervention services, mobilizing and utilizing community resources as appropriate.
- Refer clients to appropriate resources and services when required.
- Develop and facilitate education/information sessions for staff, clients and groups in the community on relevant and current mental health issues.
- Maintain case records and reports that conform to CFS policies, procedures and program guidelines.
- Seek timely and appropriate consultation and supervision.
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for this position with three professional references to email@example.com or fax to (306) 445-0434.We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full-time permanent position
Number of Positions: One
Wage: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Type: Internal/External
Date Posted: March 15th, 2021
Supportive Independent Living Program
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords Inc., we offer a wide range of counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We are seeking motivated, confident, creative and client-service oriented people. We support our staff with competitive wages, a strong benefits package, shared RRSP contributions and excellent vacation days. We promote a positive, supportive and diverse working environment in which every employee can build a rewarding career.
The Supportive Independent Living Program assists individuals with cognitive disabilities in achieving optimal independence in their lives and inclusion in their communities based on person- centred plans. The Support Worker reports directly to the Manager of Supportive Independent Living Program and plays a valuable role in enhancing the quality of life for people with cognitive disabilities. Areas of support may include managing their home, nutrition, hygiene, medical and health needs, budgeting, making effective use of leisure time, participating in recreational and work activities, establishing a support network within the community, and utilizing community resources to achieve their person-centred goals.
Postsecondary education in the social sciences/human-service field and experience working with adults with cognitive disabilities is preferred. Salary will be based on a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of person-centred planning principles and practices
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills to build and maintain relationships within and outside the organization
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with individuals and groups
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query
- Use of personal vehicle is required with compensation.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
Confidential, caring, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of people receiving services
- Develop relationships with individuals to meet their specific individual needs.
- Assist individuals to access resource services to support a healthy and independent lifestyle.
- Provide services, support, and intervention in response to the needs of the individuals as identified through the admissions and transitions process with the Community Living Services program staff.
- Collaborate with professionals at other agencies to provide appropriate and comprehensive services to individuals.
- Maintain written files and documentation in accordance with the criteria outlined.
- Other duties as assigned.
1 Full-time Position (one-year term with possibility of extension)
Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector check is required.
Wage Based on Experiance
Apply By: March 1 st , 2021
Submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for this position with three professioanl references to Cheri Murphy, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org fax (306) 445-0434.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.