Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords offers fulfilling careers and unique opportunities for professional growth. We make a positive and healthy workplace part of our organizational culture. We maintain the highest standards of service delivery and know that it is a deep privilege to share in the lives of the families we serve.
We are currently welcoming applications for:
Assistant – Family Conferencing Program
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords Inc., we offer a wide range of counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We are seeking motivated, confident, creative and client service-oriented people. We support our staff with competitive wages, a strong benefits package, shared RRSP contributions and excellent vacation days. We promote a positive, supportive and diverse working environment in which every employee can build a rewarding career.
The objective of the Family Conferencing Program is to facilitate family-centred and solution-focussed Family Conferences, in a timely manner, for children and youth in the care of or at risk of coming into the care of the Ministry of Social Services. The Family Conferencing Assistant reports directly to the Manager of the Family Conferencing Program and plays a valuable role in scheduling, conference preparation, recording minutes and report writing.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Post-secondary education in the Social Sciences or Human Services fields is preferred.
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills to build and maintain relationships within and outside the organization.
- Effectively verbal and written communication skills in individual and group settings.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Confidential, caring, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of people receiving services
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for this position with three professional references to Marieta Miedema, Program Manager – Family Conferencing Program at email@example.com or fax to (306) 445-0434.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Employment Type: 6 month term with possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Wage: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Type: Internal/External
Posted Date/Apply By: Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Support Worker - Supportive Independent Living Program
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords Inc., we offer counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. It is our privilege to share in the lives of the families we serve.
We are seeking skilled, committed and compassionate people. We support our employees with competitive wages, a strong benefits package, shared RRSP contributions and additional vacation days. We promote a positive and supportive working environment in which every employee can build a rewarding career.
With the supervision and support from the Manager of Supportive Independent Living Program, this position plays a valuable role in enhancing the quality of life for people with cognitive disabilities. The Support Worker will provide support services to clients based on their person-centred plan so they can live independently and be participating members of the community.
Support may include managing their home, nutrition, hygiene, medical and health needs, budgeting, shopping and managing money, making effective use of leisure time, participating in recreational activities, establishing a support network within the community, and utilizing community resources to achieve their person-centred goals.
- Postsecondary education and/or experience in the human-service field is preferred. Experience working with adults with cognitive disabilities would be an asset. Salary will be based on a combination of education and experience.
- Use of personal vehicle is required with compensation.
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of person-centred planning principles and practices
- Demonstrates a confidential, caring, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of people receiving services.
- Establishes and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with others within and outside the organization
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with individuals and groups
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills.
Wage: To commensurate with education and experience
Education: Grade 12
Experience: 1-2 years
Number of Positions: 2 permanent and 1 term full time.
Apply by: Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to Marg Tipton, Program Manager - Supportive Living at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (306) 445-0434.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.