Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords provides meaningful employment for over 30 individuals from the Battlefords and area.
As an employer, Catholic Family Services is committed to a healthy workplace.
We are currently welcoming applications for:
Support Worker, Child & Family Program
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords, we offer a wide range of counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We are seeking motivated, confident, creative and client-service oriented people. We support our staff with competitive wages, a strong benefits package, shared RRSP contributions and excellent vacation days. We promote a positive, supportive and diverse working environment in which every employee can build a rewarding career.
Family Support Services Program focuses on providing supports to families who may be experiencing stressors that create barriers to a healthy family life for example parenting, daily living skills, personal wellness, and accessing community resources. Family Preservation Program provides direct, intensive in-home support with entire family to improve functioning and safety in order to mitigate risk, prevent out-of-home placement to families experiencing multiple barriers and complex needs.
This position will work flexibly in the two programs mentioned above, Family Support Services Program and Family Preservation Program, to help meet fluctuating service needs and workloads between those programs. Reporting to one of the Family Program managers, this position plays a key role in supporting the family to care for their children in a safe and nurturing home environment.
- Postsecondary education in the social sciences/human-service field and/or experience is preferred. Salary will be based on a combination of education and experience
- Use of personal vehicle (including additional insurance) is required with compensation
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Confidential, caring, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of people receiving services
- Knowledge of Child development, parent-child relationships, family dynamics, parenting skills.
- Must be culturally sensitive
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for this position with three professional references to Child and Family Manager Kara Daniels email@example.com or fax to (306) 445-0434.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Employment Type: One-year Full time term position with possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 3
Wage: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Type: Internal/External
Posted Date: August 26, 2019
Apply By: September 20, 2019
"Our Supportive Workplace" web proudly created by Catholic Family Services staff at a teambuilding workshop: