Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords provides meaningful employment for over 40 individuals from the Battlefords and area.
As an employer, Catholic Family Services is committed to a healthy workplace.
Support Worker - Child & Family Programs
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords, we offer a wide range of counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We are seeking motivated, confident, creative and client-service oriented people. We support our staff with competitive wages, a strong benefits package, shared RRSP contributions and excellent vacation days. We promote a positive, supportive and diverse working environment in which every employee can build a rewarding career.
The Family Support Services Program focuses on providing supports to families who may be experiencing stressors that create barriers to a healthy family life. Supports may include for example coaching in parenting, daily living skills, personal wellness, and accessing community resources. The Family Preservation Program provides direct, intensive in-home support to families experiencing multiple barriers and complex needs. The Program staff work with the entire family to improve functioning and safety in order to mitigate risk, prevent the child/ren’s out-of-home placement or reunify the parents with their children.
This position will work flexibly in the two programs mentioned above to meet fluctuating service needs and workloads between those programs. Reporting to one of the Family Program managers, this position plays a key role in supporting the family to care for their children in a safe and nurturing home environment.
- Postsecondary education in the social sciences/human-service field and/or experience is preferred. Salary will be based on a combination of education and experience
- Use of personal vehicle (including additional insurance) is required with compensation
- Conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query is required
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Confidential, caring, supportive approach that maintains the dignity and integrity of people receiving services
- Knowledge of child development, parent-child relationships, family dynamics, parenting skills
- Must be culturally sensitive
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for this position with three professional references to Child and Family Manager, Kara Daniels email@example.com or fax to (306) 445-0434.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Employment Type: Full-time 1 Year Term with Possibility of Extension
Number of Positions: 1
Wage: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Type: Internal/External
Posted Date: January 15, 2020
Manager of Counselling Services
At Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords Inc., we offer a wide range of counselling and support services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We are seeking motivated, confident, creative and client-service oriented people. We support our staff with competitive wages, a strong benefits package and excellent vacation days. We promote a positive, supportive and diverse working environment. Our vision is a community where every person can reach their full potential.
This position is a maternity leave replacement with the possibility of extension.
The Manager of Counselling Services is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating all functions and personnel within the program area, and for the management and delivery of professional practice activities, including staff support and mentoring, coaching, and education.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the clinical functions and personnel within the program area.
- Develop program goals that are consistent with the organization’s overall goals and direction.
- Coordinate intakes of new counselling clients and manage counsellor caseloads.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, evaluation and reporting requirements are met as per agency policies and contracts.
- Evaluate current practices and program outcomes, and lead quality improvement initiatives where necessary.
- Support the development of annual budgets in planning for programs and services.
- Manage and collaborate with peers on the recruiting, selecting, orienting and training of employees.
- Participate in a variety of internal and external networks and committees.
- Coordinate student support for practicum placement within the Agency.
- A master’s degree in social work, psychology or counselling with significant related experience is preferred. At a minimum, the incumbent must be registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers or another professional association in related field. Salary will be based on a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Child and Family Services Act and family-centered, strength-based approach.
- Knowledge of Person-Centred Planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience with trauma informed care principles and practices as well as trauma support and counselling is preferred.
- Knowledge of legal issues surrounding privacy of information and other professional requirements.
- Significant experience in clinical assessment, prevention and intervention best practices related to counselling and case management.
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when required (although this is rare).
Wage/Salary Info: to commensurate with education and experience
How to apply: Submit resume, cover letter with 3 professional references to Kim Morrison, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (306) 445-0434. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by: February 7, 2020
"Our Supportive Workplace" web proudly created by Catholic Family Services staff at a teambuilding workshop: