Battlefords Bereaved Parents Care
As you move through your grief journey...
join us for support and education using videos, music, poetry, and discussion.
October to January
March to June
First Tuesday of each month
Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm
Catholic Family Services
#101, 1272-101st Street
Session 1: Your personal journey through grief
Session 2: Self-Care
Session 3: Coping with holidays
Session 4: Reaching out to supports
- To share our common burdens
- To express feelings and find release
- To identify with one another
- To share our feelings in a safe and appropriate place
- To cry; tears are a gift and produce seasons of healing
The group is peer facilitated with counsellor support.
The group is non-denominational. Everyone experiencing the loss of a child, no matter the age, is welcome.
For more information
or to register contact us.
A special Thank You to
Brett W. Wilson and Family.
Bereaved Parents Care
Christmas Candlelight Service
A beautiful and poignant non-denominational service
for parents who have experienced the loss of a child.
Held annually on the 2nd weekend in December.
" We attended the Bereaved Parents Care, Christmas Candlelight Service. We have so many good memories that keep our daughter alive in our hearts and Catholic Family Services is included in these cherished memories. You were there for us when we needed you the most. Thanks for that." - Testimonial
Special thanks to the North Battleford Tropical Inn for generously providing the venue for this event.
Thank-you also to the following people and businesses who made this memorial possible:
- Tropical Inn staff
- Keith Klippenstein from Territorial Alliance Church
- Ultra Print
- Val Higgs from the News Optimist
- Kelly Parkinson from Q98 and CJNB
- Lori Bargen and Andrea Whelan for the music
- Universal Church Supplies for the candles
- Kay-Lynne Collier for the slide show
- Catholic Family Services staff for delivering posters
- All the families and friends who attended